Friday, April 11, 2008

Reeeally wordyyy


I'm just about done with the igotwood project.
Exhibition is said to be in Hawaii :)
This here's a TV set made of wood. It's a little incomplete. I have yet to get some clay and wires to glue to the top of the TV before I'm done.

Anyway, my main purpose for blogging today-

Usually, when I'm mailing a painting, more often by speedpost, I'd feeel awfully bad for my wallet. I usually spend about 60 to 100$ when I mail a canvas.

But today, when I got my money out for the mailing, I didn't feel a thing. At first I thought I was already numbed, having spent my money like this a couple of times. No, make that alot of times.
It wasn't that I was rich (my freelance friday work has just ended and I'm currently jobless) or that I've been doing this so much I don't feel the burn.

It was because I was doing this for a good cause.
So, I'm thinking of maybe getting a new project going. Something to do with fundraising (not for myself even though it's nice if you wanna do it) for the needy for the poor?


I won't be starting this so soon though since I'm already in a few projects and school is starting reeealllly soooon
(heartattackk).
But yeah, maybe I'll work something out soon when I'm steady with school and all.

I just need to know, if I ever did hold a project for fundraising, who'd like to be involved in contributing some artwork or cash or whatever?
And when I say artworks I mean fairly big works. And when I say cash I mean of a fairly big amount :)


Ah I'm being vague, but mail me if you'd like to work with me on this.
I was watching Idol Gives Back and it reminded me alot of the little kids in Philippines
Their lack of many things and their satisfaction with what little they have.
I agree with one of my favourite writers, that we always do what we need to do for ourselves. It is how we survive, everything for our benefit. It is what we don't NEED to do that gets me thinking...
...

I just realised I have a new task/job/commission just being offered to me riiight now, yeah right nowww, which I will take up until monday :) I'm lucky to have finished my last freelance work and get a new one just right after that, though I gotta admit that even though it's design related, I'm a little tired of doing works now. Especially since it's nearing the end of my holidays and I'm supposed to have a good rest before my school starts
(heartattack), guess I'll just treat this as a warm up for when schoool starts (heartattack)

Sorry for being so wordy with all the fund raising and charity and all that stuff. Like I said before, my personal blog is gone and I write alot about my thoughts and life and stuffies there.



I wonder what you'd say to me.